ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT/BOOKKEEPER (PART-TIME)
COOL Church is looking for an Administrative Assistant/Church Bookkeeper to provide essential clerical, bookkeeping, and administrative office support for the Pastor/Executive Team and assist with administrative aspects of general church operations. Sensitivity to confidential matters is required.
- Assists with general administrative and support duties for Executive Staff and/or Pastors
- Data entry of all weekly financial transactions/gifts received into the appropriate system
- Prepares and sends out End-of-Year Giving Statements
- Prepares and sends out First Time Giving Letters
- Ensures that the Pastor and appropriate personnel are apprised of developments and situations, exercising good judgment and ensuring confidentiality is maintained in all areas of responsibility.
- Maintain an inventory of office supplies and equipment and orders/purchases office supplies as needed.
- Coordinates, sets-up, and assists with administrative needs for meetings, conferences, Prepares reports by collecting information and data.
- Maintains personal contacts, files and documents.
- Organizes special events, luncheons and other formal/informal meetings as requested by executive staff and/or Pastors
- Maintains the Staff/Pastor calendar.
- Attends required meetings and gatherings, taking meeting minutes and offering assistance as needed.
- Develops and maintains effective records and information management systems, including a current and accurate filing system.
- Opens and distributes daily mail and makes determination as to importance and priority; organizes work by reading and routing correspondence, collecting information; initiating communication.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Prepares bank deposits
- Research and retrieve receipts from all PEX and Staff credit card users; approval of PEX Card receipts
- Payment of outstanding invoices.
- Oversees filing of offering envelopes
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Previous Bookkeeping and Administrative Assistant Experience preferred
- Strong attention to detail to produce high quality and accurate outputs
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and customer service communication skills including the ability to communicate respectfully and professionally under a variety of situations
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports
- Self-starter who can anticipate, initiate, and complete tasks with minimal supervision and work independently
- Excellent time management and organization skills including the ability to plan and manage multiple concurrent projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to assist in all areas of general office functions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and/or Apple & Google commensurate programs; proficient in Adobe Pro
- Must possess a heightened sense of confidentiality
- Experience working or high-level volunteering for a church/non-profit preferred
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
APPLY TO THIS POSITION