TECH DIRECTOR (PART-TIME)
COOL Church is looking for a Technical Director who will oversee and coordinate all aspects of the Technical Ministry in regards to audio, lighting, and video. The Technical Director’s ultimate goal is to ensure that services and events across all facilities and ministries are able to utilize technology efficiently, effectively, and strategically in order to enhance the experience of those attending.
- Encourage, disciple, and invest spiritually into your volunteer leaders and team
- Provide leadership and oversight to all system support (audio, video and lighting) for the weekend experience including the operation and maintenance of all gear.
- Maintain Live Streaming services sound and video quality.
- Partner with Musical Director, Worship Director, Video Production Director, and any other production staff on ensuring weekend services/events are executed in excellence
- Hold Tech Team members to standards of excellence in all team functions. ie. Promptness to meetings and events, team unity, job performance, knowledge growth, etc.
- Operate as the Service Production Director (SPD) ensuring all technical elements in the weekend flow are in place and that volunteers are fully engaged and communicated to.
- Run “Front of House” (FOH) or other positions in the team when volunteers are not available to serve. (Ideally, this would move to an as-needed or occasional basis as you develop the team)
- Provide and maintain a high level of excellence in all technical aspects of the weekend experience.
- Recruit, train, develop and maintain a team of volunteers for service production, church events, weddings and funerals. Goal is significant depth (3 deep) in all positions you oversee.
- Provide basic training to other ministries’ volunteers for recurring events (e.g. children’s ministry, small group meetings, youth group, etc.)
- Provide system maintenance and acquisition for AVL equipment
- Oversee and execute the tech budget
- Oversee equipment choice. Provide recommendations for additional technical equipment needed to achieve technical goals.
- Manage and track all AVL inventory
- Continually look for ways to enhance the presentation experience
- Must have broad hands-on experience with technology in a modern worship production environment
- Formal training in production or related discipline
- High-level understanding of ProPresenter
- Able to mix audio, program, and run lighting, expertise in presentation software and execution, proficiency in video presentation.
- Proficient in Worship planning and scheduling software (Planning Center Online).
- Someone who shows the capacity to juggle a lot of tasks simultaneously, and enjoys doing so – Self-Starter.
- Good communication skills and a people person.
- Professional completion of time-sensitive tasks related to weekly events and services.
- Growing understanding of the technical field with the ability to research and recommend the best solution to technical issues.
- Proficient in AVL wiring, soldering, repair, troubleshooting, and maintenance
- The ideal candidate enjoys production technology, is highly tech-savvy, able to learn and master new technology quickly and thoroughly
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 70 pounds.